Lehman College is the only senior college of The City University of New York (CUNY) located in the Bronx. A federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Lehman College invites applications for a Student Career Program Director within the Office of Career Exploration and Development Center.
Under the general direction of the Dean of Students, the duties of the Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct student-centered, fast-paced, multidimensional programming and staff.
- Assess program effectiveness, recommend changes, and lead others through strategic change.
- Train and manage staff, oversee events and programs, and report on program effectiveness.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and lead innovative changes to ensure the department and staff are responsive to student career development needs and evolving market trends.
- Develop and implement effective data collection, analysis, and reporting systems that demonstrate career-related outcomes and inform strategic resources allocation and direction.
- Engage alumni, employers, and donors in support of Lehman career and professional development of students and alumni.
- Communicate and collaborate with university leadership, alumni, students and parents.
- Communicate regularly with academic administrators and student affairs professionals on changing needs in the workplace.
- Make presentations to prospective students, parents, and alumni on the opportunities to engage in career and professional development services.
Bachelor’s Degree and eight years’ related experience required. Master’s degree in relevant or related field preferred.
The successful candidate will have progressively responsible experience in career and professional development and at least five years of experience in leadership, management, and administration at a high-level position including program creation and implementation, program evaluation, and staff supervision. The successful candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to serving a diverse, urban commuter student population and the leadership qualities to lead and manage a large team serving internal and external constituencies.
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency.
All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
How to Apply:
Visit https://cuny.jobs/lehman-college/new-jobs/ and search for this vacancy using Job ID 20286 or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).