DEFINITION: Under general supervision, the Professional Expert provides assistance and support in accordance with assignments and directions from the supervisor. Professional Experts:
* Have specialized knowledge or expertise not generally required of or found in the classifications established by the District.
* Must be specially trained, experienced, or competent to perform expert services.
* Are used on a temporary basis for a specific project or projects.
* Terms of employment will be described in the Professional Expert Employment Agreement
Professional Experts are not part of classified service. Professional Experts are at-will employees and have no entitlement rights to any position in the District. Professional Expert employment shall not result in the displacement of Classified personnel.
*Retired CalPERS Annuitants: may not exceed 960 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)*
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Community Education Presenter requires varying levels of specialized knowledge, skills, and experience in:
* Professional Advancement including but not limited to: leadership, social media, sales and marketing, financial matters and.
* Arts and Entertainment including but not limited to: Blacksmithing and bronze casting, jewelry making, fashion design, culinary arts and cooking, literature and language, make-up artistry, music, photography, screenwriting, Friday night at the movies, Sci-Fi Saturday, Voice-over and Visual arts.
* Health and Wellness including but not limited to: Mindfulness practice, drug & alcohol awareness, sports and fitness.
* College for Kids â including but not limited to: Science, consumer arts, business, sports, wellness, Engineering, arts and crafts for ages 5 -18
Requires subject matter and content area competency.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.