General: Tutors from across the state will work in 1:1 to tutor PK-12 students in Illinois. The Illinois Tutoring Initiative will provide tutoring services for over 8,500 k-12 students. Tutors will be matched with PK-12 students by proximity, content area and age-level. Tutoring may occur face-to-face or online. Tutors will work consistently with the same student(s) for the period of one semester for 3 hour-long sessions per week.
Tutoring Planning and Session Delivery (90%)
· Review student information and data from previous sessions in order to plan for tutoring sessions.
· Conduct in-person or online tutoring sessions in 1:1 setting, 3 times per week for the duration of the semester session.
· Utilize materials and or planning materials available to tutors or from recommended sources.
· Assesses student skills for area of need or recommended content area
Records Management (10%)
· Submits session forms after each session that includes notes on performance/assessment information and planning notes for the next session.
· Submits attendance and timesheets weekly
Special Instructions for applicants:
Training to sufficiency and cleared background check will be required for all tutors prior to being matched with a K-12 student. Tutors are not guaranteed a match. Tutors will remain in the pool for the semester.
Working Hours Determined per student(s)
Starting Salary $20/hr
High School diploma or equivalent.
Passing grade in topic area of tutoring.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Passing grade in topic area of tutoring
· Reliable transportation to and from tutoring sessions
· Previous experience working with PK-12 students.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Technology (iPad or laptop) for use in tutoring sessions and/or for submission of required paperwork.