Generates and develops business in the internet sales and mail order department by producing merchandise catalogs, setting sales goals, updating the website, and monitoring the overall costs for the department.
Level I Grade 30 $28,000 – $46,700
Level II Grade 31 $31,300 – $52,100
Level III Grade 32 $35,000 – $58,400
1. Oversees the overall content of the Bookstore internet catalogs, including merchandise selection and removal, photograph of item, uploading each item to the website, detailed product description, and overall appearance.
2. Ensures customer orders are printed, merchandise pulled to fill orders, charge orders out, and pack and ship orders.
3. Forecasts daily, monthly, and yearly sales for web and mail orders; produces reports based off of previous years sales figures and trends and uses Google Analytics and SEO to increase e-commerce sales and traffic to the website.
4. Performs cost analysis of the web and mail order department to ensure department profitability, including shipping costs, labor costs, and supply costs as compared to overall sales.
5. Negotiates with shipping companies to ensure the bookstore is receiving cost efficient shipping along with timely and accurate delivery to customers.
6. Maintains Bookstore website.
7. Works with the Bookstore’s promotions committee to plan, promote and implement events to online and mail order customers and then tracks the success of the promotion.
8. May create and produce an annual apparel and gift print catalog, including merchandise selection, design, editing, and copy writing.
9. Assists as needed during busy periods with processing orders and resolving customer service issues or wherever there may be a need .