SAN JOSE -EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District is currently recruiting a Warehouse/Distribution Specialist II. This is a temporary assignment with the possibility of extension.
Hourly pay is $19.34. Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Position will be located at the San Jose Evergreen Community College District Warehouse, 4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications. Identifies and reports shortages, damages and other discrepancies.
- Provides storekeeping of goods, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Schedules and performs routine and special deliveries of supplies, materials, equipment and mail.
- Analyzes space usage for maximum utilization. Confers with other purchasing staff as needed to determine storage space requirements and optimum stock quantities.
- Operates warehouse equipment and vehicles including trucks, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Participates activities in connection with the annual physical inventory. Uses scanning devices and bar code technology to record physical inventory items.
- Assists with the sale or disposal of unused, damaged, or obsolete inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Requires a working knowledge of the principles and practices of the operations, services and activities of centralized warehousing. Requires a working knowledge of the materials, equipment and supplies used in College operations. Requires a thorough understanding of warehouse record keeping techniques including appropriate computerized inventory programs. Requires sufficient writing skills to perform basic report writing and record keeping. Requires sufficient math skills to perform counts and analyze trends. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work cooperatively with College staff and outside vendors.
Requires the ability to stand, walk, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds on a sustained basis. May stoop, kneel and crouch. Requires leg and foot dexterity to operate vehicle gas, brakes and clutch while driving. Requires sufficient hand-eye coordination, arm hand dexterity and visual acuity including depth perception to drive delivery vehicle and read numbers and words. Requires the ability to operate a hand truck and commercial forklift.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires the ability to schedule work activities of the warehouse in a manner conducive to optimum service. Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and perform work in order to meet yearly schedules and timelines. Must be able to write and maintain records according to College standards. Must be able to write basic reports and document transactions. Requires the ability to coordinate and perform physical inventory counts.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience performing a variety of warehouse related duties including but not limited to order fulfillment, inventory control and analysis, order entry, and inventory accounting/identification.
Licenses and Certificates:
Valid drivers license and forklift operators certificate.
Interested applicants should apply directly by submitting a cover letter and resume to Anthony Oum, Assistant Director of Fiscal Services @ Anthony.email@example.com
by Monday, October 7th at 5:00 PM.