Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Radiology Dental Assistant II
What You'll Do
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II is responsible for taking intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs, consisting of peri-apical, bitewings, panoramic, cephalometric radiography, CT scans and cone-beam computed tomography.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II takes full surveys and panoramic x-rays for new patients in the undergraduate clinic as well as CT scans, cephalometric x-rays and any digital x-rays requested from Post Graduate clinics.
- Prior to taking prescribed x-rays on patients, the radiology dental assistant will review the record to ensure the patient’s medical history is completed and cleared, the financial consent has been signed and the patient’s financial obligations have been met.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II works closely with the students teaching digital radiology and demonstrating basic use of dental software, Axium and MiPacs (x-ray viewing software).
- Independently reviews clarity and preciseness and approves radiographic images taken by pre-doctoral clinic students.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II approves and completes radiograph treatment plans for new patients at the end of each session.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II works closely one on one with the licensee examiners importing radiographs on the computer for the students licensing boards.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II is requested to display their expertise by reviewing the digital radiographs, enhancing them for clarity, and monitoring the candidate closely while they are saving the digital x-rays ensuring they are meeting NERB and WREB licensing board standards.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II is responsible for delivering and maintaining x-ray monitoring badges to faculty and staff every 3 months.
- Facilitates and records attendance for ICE and OMFR session running September through April and summer sessions.
- Advises faculty and the pre-doctoral clinic students on how to comply with infection control, and oversees the setup of Rinn kits on the manikin.
- The Radiology Dental Assistant II creates new patient records for patients that request CT scans copied onto a CD.
What We're Looking For
- Vocational/Technical diploma or Associates degree.
- Dental Assistant license.
- 3-5 years’ job related experience.
- Radiology Certification.
Minimum $21.80, Midpoint $25.95, Maximum $30.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |