Part-Time Test Proctor (Huntsville Center)
HCLC Academic Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is a Test Proctor position within a correctional environment with an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Test proctors are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proctor a college entrance exam - Texas Success Initiative (TSI) - on TDCJ units in the Huntsville area.
- Pre-assessments are three (3) hours in length and TSI tests are six (6) hours in length and administered on different days and at different times.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, tests logs, and other test documents.
- Work with the Huntsville Center counseling staff to prepare and process testing material.
- Keep accurate student accounting in compliance with TDCJ and Lee College requirements.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details, maintain an atmosphere appropriate for testing, and be vigilant about the prevention of cheating.
- Properly administer tests.
- Work with offender students in a prison setting.
- Must be willing to become familiar with all LCHC rules and programs and share with offenders.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Pick up testing material in the LCHC office, take it to the unit and administer the exam, and bring testing material back to the office for processing.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including evenings when required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to travel. This position requires travel to the Huntsville Center, assigned prison units, service area for the college, and out of town to attend training, conferences, etc.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Previous experience working in a higher education setting
- Previous experience working with offenders
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location:
Travel to different TDCJ units as assigned.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4906
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.