Athletics - JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Proof of current lifeguard certification required.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
- Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility
- Supervises and assists in cleaning the pool and related facilities and equipment, assists with chlorine/PH etc. water tests and records and charts water tests and records of accidents
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Certified Lifeguard/CPR and First Aid
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions at aquatics facilities to determine any potential dangers or hazards
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
ESTIMATED WEEKLY HOURS:
Estimated weekly hours are 10-15
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Summer-Lifeguard_R0001895-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.