The department of Campus Dining handles all things dining on campus. From residential meal plans to event catering, we provide nutritional food for students, faculty, staff and guests. We manage over a dozen eating establishments at NIU including residence hall dining, restaurants and coffee shops at the student center, and the cafe in Barsema Hall. We employ the students and professionals who work in our restaurants and cafes.
9-month position (Aug 16-May 15); actual start and end dates may vary based on academic calendar
This position is responsible to insure operational needs of customer service, production, and sanitation are met in all areas of Campus Dining. The individual in this position works under the supervision of Food Service Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up hot and cold service lines and salad bars with appropriate food items, serving utensils, equipment, and line cards according to line sets-up sheet.
- Informs production and management personnel when food items being served are running low and/or quality and/or appearance is not acceptable to departmental standards.
- Replenish items on serving line and salad bar as needed, checking with production personnel on items to be used.
- Responsible for clean-up of assigned work area and equipment used.
- Greet customers, checking identification cards and verifying residential status by use of the POS terminal system.
- Under the instruction of the cooks, cooks helpers, and/or management, assist in the preparation of hot and cold food items.
- Pre-prep and prepare doughnuts for breakfast meal practicing established methods of preparation, food batching, food safety, and time utilization.
- Maintain sanitation standards of service and production area and equipment according to State and Departmental rules and regulations.
- Responsible for weekly clean-up of assigned areas to ensure sanitary conditions are met.
- Assists in dish room as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- High school diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Knowledge of sanitary procedures and directives; how to use simple cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Skill in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
- Food Handlers Certificate or Food Service Manager Certification