Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Staff Accountant, Facilities Finance
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University Facilities
department is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant
. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Assistant Director and Director of Finance with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting / Finance Department within University Facilities. This includes supporting short and long term planning and the formulation / implementation of processes and procedures.
- Provide leadership to a staff of approximately 7 FTE responsible for procure-to-pay functions. Ensure departmental actions and goals align with those of Facilities and the University. Provide development opportunities, coaching and recognition to staff. Manage performance programs and reviews; oversee monitoring of time and attendance. Ensure appropriate staffing levels and cross-training to provide uninterrupted services and achievement of KPI targets.
- Contributes to the coordination and monitoring of business operations and financial activities across all accounts. Assists in analyzing existing processes / procedures and implementing changes to increase the overall effectiveness of department financial operations. Helps to create, monitor and update internal controls; ensuring compliance with policies and regulations.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Finance in managing a month-end and year-end checklist of all accounting activities to be completed, including manual entries, customer billings & collections, accounts payable invoice entry and payroll processing. Ensures that all journal entries have supporting documentation attached (i.e. are “stand alone”) and that records retention policies are complied with.
- Will support the development, review, and updates of billing rates and expenditure recoveries.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Respond to planned or unforeseen emerging issues / circumstances. Recommend solutions and resolve short and long term operational / transactional issues escalated from employees, audits, etc.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with account reconciliation, cost accounting, breakeven analysis, variance analysis, generally accepted accounting principles and internal control measures (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley compliance) is required.
- Incumbents must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to streamline processes.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are mandatory.
- Prior experience in proactively developing creative solutions to complex problems is essential.
Experience in governmental finance within New York State preferred.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |