Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Flight Supervisor – (190510)
Embry Riddle Prescott Campus, an esteemed educational organization that specializes in academics is seeking an experienced Flight Operations Supervisor to join our team. Embry Riddle Prescott currently operates over 26 aircraft with over 58 pilots. This position will be responsible for assisting with the daily management and support of the Company’s fleet and the operation. The Flight Operations Supervisor will report directly to the Chairman of the Flight Department and requires the individual to reside in Prescott, AZ or outlining areas.
- Providing operations expertise to the Flight Chair and the Chief Instructor
- Coordinating scheduled maintenance and the re-positioning of aircraft
- Coordinating resources to achieve efficient operations at all times
- Monitoring pilot qualifications and currencies to match the specific operation and regulatory requirements
- Overseeing dispatch and the exchange of information between the pilot-in-command and the dispatcher for each flight
- Coordinating aircraft diversions and recoveries
- Oversee the distribution of revisions and other company materials/documentation
- Initiate company emergency notification protocol
- Ensure the safe and orderly process of flight operations
- Provide advisory information regarding weather and operational considerations for in-flight decision-making, IAW Embry Riddle Flight Operation Manual
- Manage Flight Supervisor Training and sign off capable Supervisors to ensure proper coverage for the daily, weekly, and monthly flight schedules based on requirements.
- Perform on-call duties as needed to ensure proper compliance with FAR’s and Embry Riddle Flight Operation Manual.
- Mentor, coach, and hire student ran dispatch operations, with a concentration in streamlining the efficacy in safe operations, as well as, Building the next generation of flight supervisors in fair and accepted practices.
- Ensure a properly ran budget with awareness in payroll as well as proper utilization of company resources both flight and non-flight based.
- Oversee the company shuttle service, training program and ensure it is meeting the required movement of the student to and from campus.
- Maintain current manual and develop new ones as needed to ensure transparency within operations.
- Attend staff meetings and ensure that all actions are in support of what is best for the student in the program.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the experience of 10 years, in an aviation-related field, preferred; 2-4 years’ experience within an aviation environment; 2-4 years of supervisory experience; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have a strong understanding of FAR’s in regard to Part 91, or 141
- The position requires a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the Company including; Standard Operating Procedures, the Flight Operations Manual, and the Code of Federal Regulations applicable to Company operations
- Excellent oral/written communication and problem resolution skills are required
- Candidate should work well and maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the university
- Must be detail-oriented, highly self-motivated, and able to work productively independently or within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications and the aptitude to learn company-specific software
- Proven leadership skills and positive demeanor to work effectively within the flight department and with other departments
- The Flight Operations Supervisor will be required to work a flexible schedule to include night and weekend duties as needed to ensure a well ran operation
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |