Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website and in the Working in TTS document.
What You'll Do
The AV Services Campus Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective deployment of AV resources for the Tufts campus(es) to which it is assigned. Works closely with the AV Operations Manager to fulfill day-to-day priorities with the team of AV technicians. The position serves as the primary point of contact for service incidents, requests, and customer consulting, and is responsible for ensuring that resources are made available to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with the timeliness and quality of AV service delivery. This role provides Tier 1 and 2 support while serving as a dispatcher to respond to incoming service requests and incidents. The position also coordinates the use of personnel and equipment resources in support of preventative maintenance and new installations and provides professional expertise and client consultation. This position will also participate in periodic on-campus and remote project work to implement upgrades to spaces, provide support directly, deploy new and enhanced multimedia services to the Tufts community, and to manage and coordinate other administrative aspects of the AV Services unit.
This position requires the ability to travel between Tufts four campuses. May be required to work additional hours when under periods of high call volume or confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations that require additional time to troubleshoot and resolve. The ability to share in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation and to provide support outside of normal business hours as needed while on-call and for occasional planned maintenance events. This job involves responsibilities that are performed in an on campus working environment.
What We're Looking For
• Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a High School diploma and 2-3+ years of experience in the direct delivery of IT and audiovisual/multimedia support services
• Experience in live Audio Visual events such as Hotel and Conference Center helpful
• Certified as an AVIXA-Recognized AV Technologist Certificate or ability to obtain certification within three month probationary period
• Experience with Zoom and MS Teams
• Experience managing incidents and service requests via online tracking system, Specifically ServiceNow
• Experience maintaining and supporting fixed-installation AV systems
• Experience delivering tier 1-2 desktop support to end users in a mixed Windows and Mac environment
• Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work
• Strong technical troubleshooting and resolution skills with demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
• Strong research and analytical skills for more complex issues/problems
• Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations, with demonstrated use of judgment as to when to escalate difficult situations or seek guidance.
• Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with University and industry standards for security, privacy, and accessibility.
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree
• CTS certification
• Basic working knowledge of desktop security/networking and standards
• Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration
• Experience with Service Now, Extron Global Viewer Enterprise, EMS
• Experience with video/audio recording, capture and editing, web streaming and video recording technologies and support
• Experience performing minor repairs on media presentation and production equipment
• Experience with Extron and Crestron systems