Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Deans, CNBHS
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Deans, CNBHS
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
The Administrative Assistant to the Associate Deans will provide organizational and administrative support of a confidential nature to the Office of the Dean. Reporting to both the Associate Dean of Natural and Behavioral Sciences and the Associate Dean of Health Sciences, the Administrative Assistant will act as liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills, exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups, and the ability to proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of a fast-paced and collaborative team of operations-related staff within the Dean's Office and across the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences, Office of Dean. The Administrative Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for the Dean's Office and will support both academic and individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and routine day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus; foster mutual respect; support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; practice and promote teamwork; perform independently; maintain confidentiality; adhere to high standards of personal conduct; and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
Calendar & Meeting Coordination
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Coordinate both academic and individual calendars for the two Associate Deans, using sound judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Office's priorities and needs;
- Assist the Director of Operations with operations-related scheduling, as needed;
- Proactively identify and resolve scheduling conflicts;
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls for the Office as well as faculty, staff, student meetings across the departments covered by the Associate Deans;
- Coordinate meeting logistics including location reservations, catering, and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas;
- Attend meetings and manage meeting minutes as requested by the Associate Deans and/or Director of Operations.
- Support the needs of the Office of the Dean, including but not limited to, purchasing supplies and travel expenses; processing of expense reports and credit card statements; verifying receipts; record and database maintenance requests; and complying with University budget policies;
- Prepare information and materials as needed for orders, programs, projects and other College commitments, including faculty, visitor, and speaker, reimbursements, honorarium payments, and trainings;
- Coordinate the Dean's Office events and related programs in collaboration with other Executive Assistants and Operations team;
- Provide administrative support for faculty searches including scheduling and booking travel, as needed;
- Support the annual faculty review processes through tracking of deadlines, forms, signatures, and filing;
- Support other academic operational activities, including the faculty tenure and promotion process;
- Assist the Operations team with operational support including onboarding of new faculty and staff;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support, including the CNBHS Academic Appeals Committee process;
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Dean, Associate Deans, and/or Director of Operations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Office of the Dean for internal and external constituencies;
- Maintain accurate contact lists and listservs in collaboration with Operations staff;
- Coordinate communications from the Office of the Dean to internal and external constituents;
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely, professional and respectful manner, while making autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments to triage all types of inquiries;
- Responsible for sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email in collaboration with other Executive Assistants;
- May assist with drafting and/or proofreading emails, letters, reports, or other documents and correspondence as needed.
- Cross-training and providing coverage for other Administrative Assistants within CNBHS;
- Assist with training of CNBHS Administrative Assistants and Operations staff, as needed;
- Additional duties as assigned by the Dean, Associate Deans, and/or Operations Director.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Zoom;
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Suites;
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite, including Google Calendar and Drive.
- Two to three years of professional experience; administrative assistant experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with purchasing and booking travel is a plus;
- Prior experience in higher education administration is a plus, but not required.
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This is a 40 hour work week non-exempt position with a Monday through Friday schedule. Potential evening or weekend time may be needed several times a year to support special events. Hybrid work arrangements will be considered.
Required Application Materials:
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Associate-Deans--CNBHS_R08501
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |