UB Facilities Operations
has an exciting opportunity for a HVAC BAS
Engineer. This position will provide technical oversight of the campus building automation system (BAS
).Key Responsibilities include:
- Programming (the University will provide BAS program training for this position): Function as the departments lead programmer for the Siemens and Schneider Electric BAS by:
- Supporting the HVAC control staff in troubleshooting BAS problems
- Monitoring control systems and sequences
- Implement corrective actions
- Establish or modify operational schedules and control sequences while maximizing energy efficiency
- Review, correct, clean-up, and optimize programming as needed
- Energy Management: Through the BAS, reduce energy consumption and improve energy efficiency in order to lower energy costs and reduce the building’s environmental impact.
- Track how much energy is being used in the building and identify areas where energy is being wasted.
- Projects: Manage planning, scheduling, purchase orders, contractors and execution of small projects related to the BAS.
- Design support:
- Perform field review of existing conditions, building plans, and manuals
- Meet with the design engineers and control system contractors during construction or renovation, or new construction planning
- Provide subject matter expertise and engage in technical level meetings and discussions with the other units on campus and engineering staff
- Monitor fitness and life-cycle of BAS controllers and equipment
- Identify inefficient operation of various HVAC systems
- Coordinate and schedule BAS controller and system upgrades with UB-IT and users
- This position may require the management of the daily responsibilities of an Energy Systems
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Information Technology and four years of design and installation of BAS experience, including Andover/Schneider electric BAS programming or Siemens BAS programming.
Experience ideally would include a minimum of one of the following:
- Building Automation Systems (BAS) design, installation or programming
- Mechanical systems design and/or installation
- Information Technology networking and programming
- BAS technician field experience
- Energy Engineering
Bending, twisting, ability to move 50 pounds, ascend ladders, access equipment located on mezzanines, catwalks, basements and crawlspaces. Ability to work off ladders, scaffolding, in confined spaces and/or where air monitoring may be required. Work in loud/noisy dusty/dirty environments. Work with or around high-pressure steam, high-voltage electrical systems and rotating equipment.
Salary Range$67,000 - $75,000