The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
What You'll Do
This position supports the FHSA mission of delivering excellence in patient care, clinician support and client service by providing initial and follow-up communication to clients and RDVM’s. This position will assist clients and RDVM’s by triaging possible emergency situations, directing calls, and educating callers on Hospital policy and fee structure. In addition, this position works closely with the ECC team, especially during times of caseload diversion. This position works remotely and in-hospital as needed.
What We're Looking For
- High school graduate or equivalent 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a veterinary practice with client interaction.
- Experience with case triage and Small Animal medicine.
- Veterinary Assistant Certification or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills (phone and in-person)
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage high call volumes.
- Ability to effectively work as a positive member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn electronic medical record systems.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- CVT accreditation
- 3 -5 years’ experience in emergency medicine.
- Experience in ER phone triage
- Proven experience of providing excellence in service
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity