Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Tufts University's Human Resources office seeks experienced, creative, and results-oriented Human Resources candidates for the position of Senior Human Resources Business Partner.
In support of the University's mission to be a high quality educational and research institution, the Human Resources team partners with University communities to provide a broad array of programs and services.
Human Resources is committed to providing excellent service as a partner with management in the recruitment and retention of highly qualified diverse staff facilitating positive employee relations training to enhance employee skills, performance and job satisfaction. Human Resources creates and implements programs to increase organizational effectiveness as we design and deliver fair, competitive benefit and compensation programs.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
What You'll Do
Under limited supervision, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Senior HRBP) provides trusted advice to assigned client groups designed to improve administrative effectiveness at Tufts. The Senior HRBP is responsible for working with client management to develop and implement workforce plans and strategic, operational and tactical staff deployment/management strategies. Participates in regular client management strategy and project planning sessions to serve as a client thought partner. Applying deep knowledge of HR policies and practices, leads enterprise-wide or enterprise impacting HR projects. The Senior HRBP acts as a senior advisor to other HR Business Partners as needed and may provide direction to assigned HR staff.
- Assesses client needs and develops/introduces HR solutions or initiatives that support strategic business objectives to help move the organization forward, demonstrating thorough understanding of the department/division/school/campus culture, priorities and tactical realities while balancing the requests of the client with university policy and guidelines.
- Acts as a senior advisor to other HR Business Partners as needed. May provide training, assign work and coach staff.
- Acts as an employee advocate, management coach, and change agent, leading initiatives proactively to support employee engagement and organization development.
- Responsible for projects related to larger university initiatives (e.g. handbook revision, diversity and inclusion), acts as lead on HR-sponsored projects and assignments based on a particular area of expertise serving as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Communicates orally or in writing, project plans, initiatives, development projects, training materials as requested and as required internally/externally to HR.
- Assists client senior management in developing effective workforce plans, identifying potential staffing gaps and organizational development opportunities. Responsible for recruiting plans and oversees timely fulfillment of vacancies to support and sustain operating needs.
- Interprets and appropriately applies university policies to resolve complex employee relations issues.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of related experience
- Solid understanding and demonstrable knowledge of employment laws, employee relations, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and design, workforce planning, and sourcing
- Experience resourcing people, funding, material, and support to achieve results. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts
- Strong technology skills. Previous experience working ERP, project management, case management, and other HR administrative systems. Previous experience with Microsoft Office suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience guiding the work of others
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- May require attendance at meetings with clients at varied campus locations.
Minimum $93,200.00, Midpoint $116,500.00, Maximum $139,800.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |