The Office of Educator Preparation
in UB’s Graduate School of Education seeks a Coordinator of Clinical Experiences for Educator Preparation
. Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and the teacher education leadership, this position provides a leadership presence that demonstrates dedication to excellence and equity and emphasizes the significance of being student-centered. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be self-motivated and able to work interchangeably with faculty, staff, school partners, and students.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Arranges for clinical placements of teacher candidates in all curriculum areas;
- Monitors progress of teacher candidates through their early field experiences and year-long residency;
- Facilitates professional development on instructional mentoring for school-based mentor teachers and administrators;
- Prepares internal and external communications for the clinical experience program;
- Participates in accreditation efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical experiences within the teacher education program;
- Assist the Senior Associate Dean and Assistant Dean to improve field-based experiences in teacher education programs.
The Office of Educator Preparation has a long history of excellence, as well as a strong tradition of teaching and community engagement. Faculty and staff demonstrate a commitment to creating a collegial academic environment characterized by equity, social justice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and an ethic of care.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years’ experience as a teacher and/or school administrator
- Master’s degree
- Experience with NYSED requirements for teacher education programs
- Strong relationships with school partners in the WNY region