Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the guidance and direction of the Director of Physical Plant, the Plumber performs preventative and corrective maintenance of campus plumbing systems.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, repair, and maintain distribution lines and fixtures in all building systems including domestic/cold water, hot water, gas, steam/hydronic heating, condensate return, laboratory and kitchen fixtures/equipment, bathroom and shower fixtures, water fountains, sewer lines, and sanitary systems.
- Repair all plumbing related pipes and valves, clean drains and sewer lines, cut and thread pipe, operate power saw and threading machine, and use all tools of the plumbing trade.
- Order necessary replacement materials.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five (5) years of general plumbing experience
- Must have mathematical skills and analytical skills to do estimates
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitates harmonious working relations during project, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of eighty (80) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent basis
- Ability to perform tasks on all area and aspects of construction project
- Must be able to read an use MEP blueprints an system diagrams
- Ability to climb ladders up to sixty (60) feet and crawl for distances of fifty (50) feet
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man lift
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions as warranted
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer service
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Licensed plumber
- Completion of a plumber apprentice program
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5839
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |