This position is located in Birmingham, AL. Multiple positions available.
This is a one (1) year limited term appointment. Continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funding.
The Harris Early Learning Center (HELC) is a National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited preschool facility for children ranging in age from six weeks to five years located in Birmingham, AL. The HELC Assistant Teacher assists teachers to implement daily programs for preschool learning environments. The HELC Teacher plans, creates, and implements the daily program for preschool learning environments.
The HELC Assistant Teacher is a training position and assists teachers with the essential functions of the position. The HELC Teacher assumes responsibility for the essential functions of the position to include, but not limited to:
1. Plans and implements a curriculum for a group of children consistent with developmentally appropriate early childhood education practice and in accordance with National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation standards.
2. Mentors and facilitates the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of children through safe and structured environments.
3. Plans, implements, and evaluates a daily program which includes designing classroom arrangement for optimal learning, and developing planning materials and activities that facilitate active learning for the children.
4. Provides, instructs, and evaluates a daily program which includes designing classroom arrangement for optimal learning, and developing planning materials and activities that facilitate active learning for the children.
5. Participates in modeling best classroom practices for undergraduate students completing course requirements or internships.
6. Collaborates with community representatives such as therapists, specialists, and psychologists as needed. Administers medication per doctor’s prescribing instructions.
7. Communicates with parents on a daily basis to keep them informed of daily progress of their child.