Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
AV Event Specialist (6292U), Intercollegiate Athletics - 40964
University of California, Berkeley
AV Event Specialist (6292U), Intercollegiate Athletics - 40964
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking Cooks to prepare meals for clients and fans at Athletic venues.
Description of Position:
This is a full-time position within the Department of Athletics working in direct support of Athletics events. Most of the time will be spent coordinating, setting up, planning and trouble-shooting and running special events in the clubs at Memorial Stadium. Employee must work with client to ensure AV needs are met, set up all equipment to support the event from an AV perspective, test the equipment and work with part-time labor running the events. Employee may also support Athletic competitions with equipment setup and testing of cameras and other AV equipment.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 08/25/2022.
- Consults with Group Sales staff and others on details regarding events and AV event planning with and without the client.
- Plans and manages the audio visual components and labor of moderately complex events involving internal staff and external clients from varied institutions - public, nonprofit institutions, industry, Athletics and private sector.
- Installs A/V equipment per event at each venue and ensures hired technicians are set up for success. Available to respond to technician troubleshooting questions during all events under your purview.
- Collaborates effectively and ensures smooth-running, effective events, including successfully recognizing and resolving potential and real problems in a timely manner using tact, sensitivity, discretion, and political acumen.
- Organizes and contributes to long-range event planning for Athletics.
- Mentors and works with part-time labor.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the field of corporate Audio visual live event support.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices of AV event planning including: AV equipment needs, organization and production.
- Maintain and install many different types of AV equipment.
- Knowledge of data projection systems, audio systems, professional video cameras, switching, distribution, and associated multimedia equipment.
- Knowledge of PC and Mac computers and commonly used software such as Microsoft Office, Power Point, Google docs, Drive, Zoom and streaming concepts.
- Experience and skill to diagnose problems, quickly and independently troubleshoot and determine steps necessary to an efficient and effective solution.
- Skills to communicate and interact with employees, event planners, building managers, faculty and other staff in a manner that is consistent with accepted industry and university standards.
- Ability to effectively work with invited guests, donors, government officials and university VIPs.
- Ability to give clear directives and use independent, rational judgment to make optimal decisions.
- Developed decision-making and problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills, including skill in determining those issues / problems that need to be brought to management's attention.
- Communicate using tools such as email, electronic calendaring systems, cell phones.
- Ability to organize work and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the afternoon-evening and/or weekend shift required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of the campus, its vision, mission, programs, policies, achievements and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures relating to the use of University facilities, event management and presentation.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to work successfully with clients to produce high quality events that meet client needs and appropriately represent the campus for fundraising events.
- Skills to provide excellent donor stewardship.
- Proven ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; skill at responding effectively to priorities and setting deadlines.
- Experience maintaining a high standard of productivity within a broad scope of responsibility despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to complete large volume of diverse tasks efficiently, meeting established deadlines.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=40964&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |