INTERNAL POSTING for current, non-temporary Auburn University and AUM employees.
Manages the delivery of services relating to multiple technologies in one or more of the following information technology areas: system administration, network support, operating systems support, systems design and/or implementation, telecommunications systems, or user/client services.
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for the position of Manager of Information Technology.
In broad service areas, supervises and provides highly complex technical design, implementation, maintenance, system administration, and support of hardware, software, network, and/or instructional technology. In broad service areas, supervises and provides end-user support through consultation and advising, problem identification and resolution, training, and preparation/maintenance of documentation. Develops and maintains policies, procedures, methods and tools for area of responsibility, consistent with Auburn University and OIT policies and procedures. Provides advice to upper management and has direct responsibility for project and/or unit management, human resources, and budget administration. May provide or coordinate on-call support for designated systems or services.
- Responsible for managing the portfolio of software applications for the College, with a specific focus on application for the Teaching Hospitals and Clinics. Must be able to manage all aspects of the application to include project management, troubleshooting, application implementation, and data/application disaster recovery. Detailed technical level assistance related to troubleshooting is required.
- Responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the work activities of the Hospital Information Technology team which includes a combination of direct reports and other College team members.
- This position must be able to work autonomously under the direction of the IT Director and serve as a mentor, assisting in the development of other IT professionals in the College. Will serve in-lieu of Director during his absence.
- This position will serve as the primary software architect for custom or vendor applications.
- This position will have direct reports which could include, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, DBAs, System Engineers, Software Developers, or Business Intelligence Analysts. The position may supervise between 2 and 6 resources.
Education Level Bachelor’s degree
Field of Study
Degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field