Engineering & Applied Sciences is hiring a Sponsored Research Project Director (SRPD). This position will oversee the research initiatives in two large departments: Computer Science & Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
Duties will include:
* developing familiarity with RFPs and with submission guidelines for different agencies,
* preliminary budget preparation,
* oversight of research expenditures to ensure adherence to sponsor deadlines,
* supervising the work of the Sponsored Research Appointment Manager.
* provide guidance in the pre-award application phase, including coordinating with collaborators,
* obtaining equipment quotes, internal matching and approvals through CLICK.
* working closely with faculty, the incumbent will interface with Sponsored Programs and funding
* agencies as needed to meet deadlines and adhere to guidelines
* assist in the development of budgets, review and edit funding applications and assist in seeing the application through multiple levels of approval.
* post-award support which includes determining allow-ability and ensuring compliance,
* monitoring project end dates, tracking faculty effort, periodically reporting budgets to PI's & Co-PI's and statistics to the Office of Institutional Analysis and/or the Dean’s Office as needed,
* overseeing faculty summer appointments and coordinating appointments with the Dean’s Office as appropriate.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.