Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. The Medical and Dental Billing team (Clinic Billing Operations), along with other members of the Finance and Administration team, support the financial management and administration of the dental school. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager and works closely with the School Clinic it supports: Postgraduate Prosthodontics Clinic.
Clinic Billing Operations (CBO) remotely supports all patient care services billing for the Predoctoral, Postgraduate and Specialty clinical treatment areas of the School, as well as any needed billing support for IRB clinical study patients and maintaining CITI certification. The Postgraduate Clinics (residents) are the Specialty Clinics, which includes: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Pedodontics and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. CBO also supports Dental Faculty Practice, Craniofacial Pain and Sleep Center, Oral Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, AEGD, Geriatric Dentistry and Tufts Dental Facilities.
What You'll Do
Under general supervision, the Billing Assistant II is an in-office support position that is responsible for providing billing administrative support and patient account management support. This individual primarily supports Clinic Billing Operation’s remote team requests, ensuring that team requests are handled in a timely and accurate manner. This includes patient correspondence, insurance related requests, handling mail, credit card processing, statements, scanning/uploading documents, delivery of daily deposit to Staff Accountant, bank runs and other in-office related Billing Operation requests. Works in conjunction with Clinic Analyst, Staff Accountant and other billing team members to accurately reconcile patient accounts, performing other billing and/or Finance related duties, to assist in revenue cycle management.
What We're Looking For
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School degree/GED required.
- 1 to 3years of related work experience.
- Needs to have:
- analytical intelligence,
- exceptional attention to detail,
- healthcare business or insurance knowledge,
- ability to effectively communicate technical information,
- aptitude and willingness to learn and drive change.
- Must be:
- a leader,
- team player.
- Basic knowledge of dental and coding terminology.
- Knowledge of dental/medical billing software is strongly preferred.
- Needs to be driven and have working Excel knowledge.
- Dental coder certification (CDC) required, or within 1 year of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and working knowledge of dental/medical billing software and Microsoft Office suite, along with dental terminology and 3rd party billing.
- Certified Dental Coder (CDC) applicant with 4 - 6 years of medical/dental insurance coding/billing.
- Knowledge of third-party billing.
- Excel expert.
- Knowledge of MassHealth and Medicare regulations and guidelines, as well as commercial dental/medical insurance coding/billing practices.
- Familiarity with ADA codes, CPT Codes and ICD-10 Codes.
- Experience in a fast-paced dental/medical setting.
- axiUm knowledge.