The University at Buffalo’s Division of Athletics
department invites qualified candidates to apply for the Assistant Softball Pitching Coach
position to enhance the development and skills of the Student-Athletes. The successful candidate must demonstrate pitching knowledge, organization, planning and coaching techniques for a Division I program.Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of scholarship student-athletes, identify, recruit, and retain student athletes, and participate in fundraising, community and alumni relations.
- Recruit student-athletes that can contribute athletically to the program and also reflect the academic standards of UB.
- Responsible for compliance with the policies and rules of the University, the NCAA, and the Mid-American Conference.
- Teach skills related to the Softball Sport Program. Develop and implement thorough, sound and safe teaching plans for pitching.
- Make maximum use of all technologies to develop the student-athlete to fullest potential.
- Responsible for fundraising for the sport program.
UB Athletics is committed to hiring and developing staff in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our student-athletes and staff. The Bulls compete at the NCAA D1 – FBS level in the Mid-American Conference. UB sponsors 16 varsity sports programs. During the last five years, UB has won 12 MAC Regular Season and Tournament Championships, participated in 10 NCAA Tournament Championships, and recorded a student-athlete GPA above 3.0.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Division I Coaching experience or pitching experience.
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills