This is a 9-month position with work hours from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. The work period is from August 16 – May 15 each year.
Employees at this level monitor the activities of occupants and guests and the physical conditions of a residence hall during night hours. They work under general supervision of higher level personnel.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB
1. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
2. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, data entry, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
3. Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, and their applications.
4. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn and uphold, University policies and procedures to promote security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
5. Ability to exhibit strong organizational skills and maintain detailed, accurate records.
6. Ability to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience, which could include de-escalation and conflict resolution.
7. Ability to interpret work related documents, policies, and procedures.
8. Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
9. Ability to think critically, respond effectively, and maintain a professional demeanor in a potentially high stress or emergency situations.
10. Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.