Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking "One Tuskegee," the ideal Purchasing Manager will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the procurement of goods, services, and projects to ensure the University receives maximum value for expenditures
- Performs the administrative and managerial functions necessary to plan, implement, review and control the operations of the Purchasing department to be in compliance with and support of the policies, mission and strategic plan of the University
- Serves as a liaison between Business and Fiscal Affairs and University departments, vendors, and other personnel.
- Ensure open communication regarding complex issues that arise within the University and vendors. Resolves issues and/or recommends corrective action.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of procurement reports produced by the Purchasing Office
- Schedule and conducts policy and procedure training sessions, as appropriate, for the areas of responsibility
- Maintain, improve, and implement internal controls that will ensure efficient and effective operations
- Ensure efficient operation of the Purchasing Department
- Participates in the selection of, training, motivating and evaluating assigned personnel; works with employees on performance issues
- Learn and apply emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
- A minimum of four years of accounting and/or administrative experience, including two years of procurement
- Master’s degree in accounting or related field (preferred)
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Highly proficient analytical skills; ability to analyze and interpret complex contractual agreements
- Advance experience with computerized office tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Colleague Ellucian experience a plus
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a background check.