Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Digital Scholarship Librarian I/II
Digital Scholarship Librarian I/II
The Digital Scholarship Librarian I/II leads and grows a dynamic digital scholarship program through partnerships that encourage the exploration and adoption of evolving modes of digital research and pedagogy. Serves as the Library's expert on established and emerging digital scholarship trends and tools. Responsible for outreach, information literacy instruction, research support, and collection development in assigned disciplines and programs.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outreach and Communication Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with faculty, students, and staff. Implements an active and engaging outreach program to ensure awareness of library services among faculty, students, and staff in assigned areas. Communicates and advocates for community needs to other library staff.
- Education and Consultation Shares expertise through teaching, creating self-help tools, collaboration, and other means. Partners with faculty on research projects and course design. Consults with students on research and coursework. Creates educational resources to facilitate student and faculty scholarship.
- Collection and Service Development Designs, delivers, and evolves innovative library services to advance research and scholarship. Works collaboratively to steward collections in assigned areas through selection, assessment, and deselection to support the changing academic needs of scholars.
- Leads or coordinates one or more services, programs, committees, and/or initiatives. Works collaboratively to set direction; manage projects; and educate library staff. Some examples may include: collection development; instructional design; outreach and communication; digital scholarship; reference; first-year experience; professional development; distance learning; assessment; scholarly communications; or leadership of broad subject team.
- Professional Development Engages in continual professional development to maintain and grow skills. Keeps current with trends and emerging issues in areas of responsibility and expertise. Shares knowledge with library staff.
- Contributes to programs, goals, and strategic initiatives of the Research Services and Scholarly Engagement department, Falvey Memorial Library, Villanova University and professional organizations, as appropriate.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution, or an advanced degree in a relevant discipline, required.
- Knowledge of the research needs, information sources, and software/tools in assigned area(s).
- Experience in providing research/project consulting in assigned area(s).
- Experience successfully managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement effective training modules/tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and entrepreneurial approaches to promoting library services in assigned area(s).
- Knowledge of and interest in stewarding research level collections in assigned area(s). Experience, preferred.
- Clear understanding of academic research and scholarly communication practices.
- Knowledge of and interest in assigned area(s). Experience, preferred.
- Strong grasp of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with diverse user communities.
- Facility with and initiative in exploring relevant technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and working across organizational boundaries in service of user needs.
- Independence and initiative, including ability to be flexible and manage competing priorities.
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to be responsive to service needs of constituents in a courteous and consistent manner
- Meets organizational competencies identified by the library.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Second advanced degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in an academic library or equivalent experience in assigned area, preferred.
Special Message to Applicants
- Able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time; able to operate a computer, office equipment, and other educational technology; able to move about the library and traverse the campus; able to transport up to 15 lbs. of library materials and equipment; able to ascend/descend stairs on an occasional basis.
- Appropriate Librarian rank will be assigned based on qualifications and experience.
- Academic Services Librarians may be required to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays on a regular or interim basis to meet service needs of the Library.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Appropriate Librarian rank will be assigned based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15167
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |