Serves as the liaison between the College of Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital and the veterinarians in the community.
1. Coordinates incoming and outgoing veterinarian referrals via telephone or other electronic means.
2. Communicates estimates for services to customers and referring veterinarians as well as the procedures, processes, and policies of the AU Teaching Hospital to customers and referring veterinarians on intake.
3. Coordinates and facilitates routine and emergency appointments from patient information gained by communicating with referring veterinarians.
4. Responsible for updating and maintaining the referring veterinary database and website as needed and compiling and reporting survey data.
5. Organizes and oversees public relations and marketing programs designed to increase the referral volume.