Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Analyst, IT Reporting
Job Description Summary:
To have a hand in building a new reporting infrastructure from the ground up to support a robust and meaningful business intelligence platform that serves the whole college.
*Description of Duties and Tasks*Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, builds, tests, and maintains reports and dashboards for a variety of business use cases in Domo business intelligence platform.
- Reviews Designs, builds, tests of other report analysts.
- Works closely with end users to gather requirements for reports and provide guidance and recommendations on establishing KBRs and KPIs where needed.
- Identifies and vets source application data for transfer to a data hub/data warehouse and subsequent analysis, and sometimes assisting with construction or execution of ETL/ELT processes.
- Provides input into the methodologies, practices, documentation and standards used.
- Guides and recommends to other BI and IT teams to maintain an accurate and efficient reporting ecosystem with robust enterprise documentation.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in data collection, data analysis, business processes, and enterprise engagement with reporting.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Detailed knowledge and competency in at least two prominent reporting software tools.
- High level of knowledge and competency with database management systems.
- Experience with SQL to query data based on varying degrees of logic.
- Advanced experience with analytics platforms and tools like Domo, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Qlik, Sisense, SAS, etc. (Domo a plus).
- Strong knowledge of best practices and principles behind setting, measuring, and refining KBRs and KPIs across a variety of business use cases.
- Knowledge of reporting tools and best practices of those specific tools.
- Thorough understanding of data management and ETL/ELT processes, experience with Informatica or other warehousing tools and iPaaS or other cloud-based enterprise tools a plus and the ability to mentor/guide others.
- Understanding of data warehousing principles and best practices and the ability to explain that understanding to others.
*Skills*Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Creating specialized reporting solutions, using multiple files and file pointers.
- Data collection, analysis, and report writing.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of audience including senior level leadership.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use query and control languages, program, create complex reports, deal with database management systems, and provide technical support.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- One or more years of experience with enterprise reporting and analytics, from providing scheduled daily notifications to producing executive-level analysis, SQL experience a plus.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$50,207 – $71,723
Reports to Sr. Manager, Business Analysis
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
January 31, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.