The Office for University Preparatory Programs/Upward Bound Program is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for collaborating with program staff to manage direct services pertaining 9th and 10th grade students.
The program Counselor will be responsible for:
* The recruitment of potential participants, securing appropriate documentation for client eligibility.
* Maintenance of accurate, confidential records for 9th & 10th grade pre-college students.
* Conducting ongoing reviews of student caseload including: student progress as it relates to needs assessment and learning plan, documentation of students who have left the program, program services received, scholarships received, financial aid received, etc.
* Representing the Upward Bound Program at community-based functions, staff meetings and other venues as appropriate.
* The program counselor must be able to physically accompany/chaperon students on various field trips, excursions and out-of-town; regional and or long-distance overnight college tours.
* The program counselor must be willing to teach and/or facilitate one Upward Bound class per semester.
* Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our http://buffalo.edu/website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.