If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Technician, Heating Ventilation & Air-Conditioning
Job Description Summary:
To perform repairs and maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment throughout Austin Community College (ACC).
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Repairs and maintains existing HVAC systems including chilling and heating systems, and checks chemical treatments.
2) Installs and replaces all types of pumps or refrigeration equipment, pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation, and air distribution equipment according to prints, specifications, diagrams, or other instructions.
3) Develops and implements Lock out/Tag out program for all HVAC equipment at all buildings and campuses.
4) Develops and implements preventative maintenance program for HVAC equipment at all buildings and campuses.
5) Performs preventative maintenance checks on all major mechanical equipment; diagnoses equipment malfunctions and operating efficiency of mechanical equipment to include electrical components and voltage readings.
6) Complies with all applicable health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
* HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
* HVAC repair, maintenance, and installation techniques.
* Use of digital multimeter.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
* Operating, installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
* Reading and understanding schematics.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
* Manage the budget within assigned department.
* Use basic computer skills such as accessing and sending emails, locating Internet sites, and completing time sheets plus work order systems.
Required Work Experience
* One year related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
* Associate degree.
* HVAC Certification.
* EPA Certification.
Other Preferred Qualiciafications
* Registered HVAC Certification with the State of Texas.
* NATE Certification preferred.
* Work is performed in a variety of settings.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
* May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
* May be exposed to a variety of temperatures, noise, moving mechanical parts, or chemicals.
* Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
* Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Please Note: ACC job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M on the job posting closing date (midnight on the day before the closing date). Please apply prior to the job closing date and time.
$37,465 - $53,521
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
July 15, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.