Located five miles from downtown Boston, Tufts University is a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the highly-competitive New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), the New England Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association (NEISA) and the Inter-College Sailing Association (ICSA). Tufts students participate in 30 varsity sports, more than 20 club sports, and a variety of intramural sports. Since 2010, Tufts Athletics has won 11 NCAA team championships and 42 NESCAC team championships. After earning 8 consecutive top-10 national finishes in the Learfield Directors’ Cup competition, Tufts Athletics won Directors’ Cup in 2021-22. Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department and manages all athletics facilities, including the Steve Tisch Sports & Fitness Center that opened in 2012. The Department of Athletics provides student-athletes a dynamic, transformational experience on and off the field. They experience the joy of personal growth inherent in high level competition, while cultivating lifelong connections with teammates, the Tufts community and the world around us.
What You'll Do
Athletics coaches are employed by Tufts University for 10 months out of the calendar year. Compensation shall be pro-rated based on the portion of a full-time position for which the staff member is employed. (10 month range: min-$29,650, mid-$37,063, max-$44,475)
Assists the Head Coach in all aspects of running an NCAA Division III women’s lacrosse program by educating and coaching student-athletes, recruiting highly selective prospective student-athletes, developing and implementing practice sessions and game strategies, and supporting student-athletes in their personal, academic and athletic growths and development at Tufts.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree and prior coaching experience;
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to develop and relate to student-athletes in an extremely competitive academic environment;
• Dedication to the full academic, athletic and social development of student-athletes;
• Commitment to gender equity, rules compliance, diversity and inclusion and the mission of Tufts University; and
• Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel.
• Prior experience coaching at the collegiate level
• Prior competitive playing experience
Minimum $34,800.00, Midpoint $43,500.00, Maximum $52,200.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.