Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical services to the Foster Hospital for Small Animals and the Hospital for Large Animals at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. Services consist of providing pharmaceutical care to all hospitalized patients, as well as outpatients and any refill requests. Pharmacy oversees appropriate drug selection and use by veterinary students, interns and residents to ensure accurate patient care. Pharmacy provides drug information as needed to hospital staff, clients, referring veterinarians and pharmacists. Pharmacy enforces compliance with all state and federal drug laws.
Responsibilities include the daily activities necessary to provide accurate and efficient pharmaceutical services to patients and clients of both hospitals. This includes filling medication orders for all inpatients, outpatients and any refill requests, restocking inventory in the pharmacy and dispensing cabinets, and communicating with doctors, students and clients regarding medication orders or questions.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum one-year experience as a pharmacy technician or veterinary technician
- Ability to multi-task in a busy hospital with frequent interruption
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- 3-5 years experience as a pharmacy technician or veterinary technician in an in-patient setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Current Massachusetts Pharmacy Technician License
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Schedule is Monday 10:30a-8p, Tuesday 9:30a-7p, Wednesday 8a-5:30p, Sat 8a-5p and includes rotating holiday coverage and some weekend coverage when needed (weekend/holiday hours: 8am-5pm). Additional flexibility may be necessary for covering vacation and/or sick time.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to work as scheduled during emergency campus and hospital closings (i.e. during snow storms).
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity