The College of Music (COM) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and collaborative Administrative Specialist to join their operations team. The successful candidate will provide administrative support in managing the scheduling and reservation system for the College of Music and assist the Office of the Associate Dean for Operations. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with a new and first-rate scheduling software and database platform and take on an essential role in supporting faculty, staff, and students in one of the largest public and nationally recognized music institutions in the United States.
Manage a new and first-rate scheduling software and database platform and take on an essential role in supporting faculty, staff, and students in one of the largest public and nationally recognized music institutions in the United States.
Associate’s degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Experience with system application integration and IT background.