Employees at this level perform a variety of repetitive tasks in a food service unit. They work under direct
supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Culinary Worker I typically -
1. assists in arrangement of dining area/food service equipment; sets up tables and trays.
2. assists in preparing salads, prepares cold plate combinations, prepares ingredients and makes sandwiches.
3. assists in preparing food for cooking, including meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, and other food for serving.
4. performs hand dishwashing; responsible for the storage of clean pots and pans.
5. cleans and polishes kitchen items and silver; cleans up spilled food or beverage or broken dishes, and removes trash.
6. sweeps, dusts, and cleans food service unit; washes, mops, and scrubs floors.
7. scours and/or cleans counters, cabinets, tables, kitchen equipment, and fixtures in a food service unit; clears tables and carries soiled dishes to kitchen.
8. places food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or stores them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
9. greets and assists customers, checks ID card, and may accept payments for items and use Point of Sale (POS) equipment, as needed.
10. performs other related duties as assigned.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.