Provides high quality educational programs by maintaining a balance between theoretical and experimental aspects of computer science, as well as a balance between software and hardware issues by providing curricula that serves our communities locally and globally.
The department offers a Bachelor of Art degree in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in Cybersecurity, and a doctoral degree in Computer Science and Engineering. A Professional Master of Science degree in Computer Science is also offered.
The Computer Science & Engineering Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: * Manage the administrative operations for the department. * Provide direct support to the Department Chair including recommending and implementing policies and procedures. * Responsible for oversight of departmental budget, including reporting and forecasting, purchasing, travel, human resources, and property control functions. * Provide support to Program Coordinators/Associate Chairs and faculty, including course scheduling, hiring of teaching assistants/fellows and instructional assistants. * Analyze and make recommendations on office operation needs, including equipment, workflow, and materials. * Support Chair, including correspondence, calendar maintenance, data compilation, preparation of reports, and related responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Experience working with faculty and staff in an academic department.
Experience with EIS.
Experience with budgets.