Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Program Coordinator (4722C)
University of California, Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 12, 2019
Established in 2013 by UC Berkeley’s College of Letters and Sciences: Division of Arts and Humanities, the Consortium for Interdisciplinary Research (CIR) is the administrative management home for the Berkeley Center for the Study of Religion (BCSR), The Program in Critical Theory, Digital Humanities, and "New Strategies for the Humanities" at Berkeley. Led by several prominent and energetic UC faculty, these dynamic campus units conduct research, produce lectures and symposia, award faculty and student fellowships, host visiting scholars, and, in the case of the Program in Critical Theory, offer a Designated Emphasis to qualifying PhD students. Over 100 faculty and students from numerous departments are represented by the four units including Anthropology, Boalt Law School, Comparative Literature, East Asian Studies, Education, English, Ethnic Studies, French, German, History, History of Art, Performance Studies, Political Science, Rhetoric, Sociology, among others.
Administration and Finance:
- This position provides essential administrative and financial coordination, maintaining office efficiency and building a successful office environment by organizing and developing office operations and procedures.
- Administrative duties include providing assistance to the CIR Associate Director, processing HR procedures, keeping the office efficient and organized, building office morale, managing communications related to the office, ordering supplies; and managing facilities, technical services and equipment.
- Responsibilities include management of payments and reimbursements, fund transfers, producing monthly financial and quarterly budget reports, facilitating deposits, and tracking actual expenses for annual budgeting.
- The Office Coordinator performs duties in campus systems such as Berkeley Financial System (BFS), Cal Answers, Student Information Systems (SIS) and BearBuy. He/she coordinates with Campus Shared Services and these units to process purchase orders, honoraria, travel and entertainment reimbursement requests, transfers, and deposits, following proper policies and procedures.
- Also maintains filing systems and updates procedural manuals.
- The Office Coordinator functions as part of the CIR team and provides back-up and assistance to other CIR staff as needed.
- Facilitates cross-training in the office by training work-study and other CIR staff.
Grant Research and Correspondence:
- The Office Coordinator works with CIR faculty and staff to collect and collage grant materials, draft and organize grant-related correspondence, and track grant-related budgets to maintain timely and accurate information on awards and project progress.
- Assists in researching funding and development possibilities and helps prepare grants proposals. Assists in the renewal and development of grants for related programs.
Events and Meetings:
- The Office Coordinator works with CIR faculty and staff to assist with large and small public events, conferences, meetings.
- Event related tasks include planning and running events, reserving spaces and equipment, ordering food service and catering, facilitating payments and reimbursement requests for events, communicating with speakers and guests, handling AV/recording equipment, and providing back-up support.
Communications and Web:
- Communications activities includes assisting in compiling documents and reports; and assisting in content development of features, announcements, newsletters and other information to news media, the campus community, and the general public; facilitating the production and circulation of posters and fliers; and ensuring timely and accurate updates to the Consortium’s websites.
- Troubleshoots website issues and works with campus IT in resolving them.
- Ability to use and learn multiple software programs and online systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously under general supervision.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet multiple deadlines independently.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex operational problems with creativity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Especially Excel and Word), Calendar, and the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to perform business transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of customer service; organization and attention to detail and maintaining positive working relationships with diverse groups.
- Willingness and ability to take on new assignments and learn new skills as required.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with good judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to learn and follow University procedures and regulations, and learn to use UC online systems as needed.
- Ability to manage projects independently.
Salary & Benefits
The position is non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $24.57 – $28.17, steps 3-9.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |