University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
$19.09 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Serves as a point-of-contact for College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Principle Investigators (PI) seeking external grant support and provides Pre- and Post-Award functions.
- Bachelors Degree or 3 years experience in grant management with ability to obtain Departmental Grant Administrator (DGA) certification within six months of employment.
- Experience in research administration, administration of sponsored projects and/or writing grant proposals.
- Experience with accounting theory, principles, and practices; computerized accounting systems, governmental accounting, and analyzing program activities.
- Experience coordinating programs, analyzing fiscal and budgetary information, maintaining accounting systems, developing and monitoring budgets including allocating expenditures and reconciling accounts.
- Bachelors Degree and 3-5 years experience and willingness to obtain DGA certification within the first month of employment.
- Experience working with minimal supervision, ability to communicate effectively with others, use problem solving skills, prioritize work load.
- Good knowledge of grant and contract administration; Federal and University regulations regarding grants; University research policies.
- Experience using Banner, specifically the finance and human resource modules; making projections and recommendations, taking corrective actions.
- Experience assisting internal customers in the understanding of sponsored program requirements; working with grants/contracts at the University of Idaho.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to those who apply by September 30, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to the online application and resume, individuals should submit a letter of qualification.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your Letter of Qualification must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.