Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Manager - Academic Advising CHSS
Utah Valley University
Manager - Academic Advising CHSS
: Staff - Full-Time
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking a Manager in Academic Advising. Reporting to the Dean's Office, the role of this position is to manage all aspects of the academic advising program of College of Humanities & Social Sciences, supervise the academic advising staff, and ensure a high quality advising experience for students. The Manager leads collaborative efforts that support student success by utilizing data, professional best practices, and student-focused strategies to provide effective advising services. This position also represents College of Humanities & Social Sciences on the Advisement Council and works closely with the Office of University Advising and various other programs that impact student enrollment, retention, and completion.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree plus three years of related experience, including two years of supervisory experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education student advisement and retention principles, techniques, programs and products.
- Knowledge of research methodology as applied to the fields of advising/counseling.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current best practices in student development theory.
- Understanding of undergraduate education and undergraduate planning and implementation.
- Skills in advising/counseling.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective analytical skills to collect, compile, analyze, and evaluate information.
- Skills in use of data and technology to inform practice.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to work with and through others to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Proven ability to utilize technology in the academic advising process.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and effectively execute multiple initiatives.
- Ability to perform under pressure and think quickly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Service-oriented, diplomatic, and able to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to set a professional example in terms of expertise, work ethic, and productive work habits.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Masters Degree and at least one year of supervisory experience.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$40,637 - $54,250
STA169118 College of HSS Staff 06/24/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13234
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |