Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
AV Systems Engineer I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
AV Systems Engineer I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assist with the installation and support of campus A/V equipment and infrastructure critical to course delivery, project collaborations, and campus events.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of team lead, purchase, configure and install A/V equipment, systems and solutions targeted for permanent or temporary use according to dynamic campus requirements
- Participate in planning budget targets and managing installations to meet budget allocations
- Perform testing and troubleshooting, diagnose problems and contact vendor for assistance as needed
- Respond to customer problems and provide immediate service and support to faculty, students and staff
- Assist with the administration, configuration, training and overall coordination of digital signage systems on campus as assigned by supervisor
- Perform preventative maintenance and refresh hardware as standards change and budgets allow
- Provide training and assistance to ATC staff as needed to ensure quality integrated solutions are available for smooth classroom function
- Collaborate with other ATC staff in planning and delivery of high profile events such as commencement
- Use Helpdesk ticketing system to process A/V related requests and incidents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Comparable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Minimum of 3 years related experience installing and/or maintaining A/V equipment in a corporate or academic environment
- Familiarity with digital video and audio equipment and systems such as switchers, projectors, interfaces, IP controlled/monitored systems, lecture capture devices and video conference systems
- Ability to create audio and video systems flow charts
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and electronic A/V systems
- Experience in one of the following areas desired: technical project management, A/V systems integration or video conference systems
- Knowledge of A/V system controls programming, such as Extron or Crestron, desired
- Computer skills including the ability to create word-processing documents and spreadsheets
- Successful candidate will be well organized with good interpersonal and project/time management skills
- Some evening and weekends hours may be required
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/AV-Systems-Engineer-I_R0001473
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |