Department Assistant II - Short-Term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$15.46 per hour
Flexible - as needed
This position does not qualify for benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety of clerical services to College administrators, faculty and staff; provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public; provide staff assistance to departments.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND
two years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of record-keeping.
- Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
- Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled.
The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/11570
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.