Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
AV Systems Engineer II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
AV Systems Engineer II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for the design, installation and support of campus A/V equipment and infrastructure critical to course delivery, project collaborations, and campus events. Work with Manager of A/V Systems and Services to ensure smooth operation of ATC managed equipment. Collaborate with ATC staff in the planning and delivery of ATC support for campus operations and high profile events such as Commencement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the research, design, and integration of A/V installations according to campus standards.
- Assist with the administration, deployment and life-cycle of classroom/conference room PC's, wireless screen sharing, lecture capture equipment and IPTV related technologies.
- Purchase, configure, program and install A/V equipment, systems and solutions targeted for permanent use according to dynamic campus requirements.
- Work with supervisor in the planning of budget targets and managing installations to meet budget allocations.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting, diagnose problems and contact vendors for assistance as needed.
- Respond to customer problems and provide immediate service and support to teaching faculty.
- Provide training and assistance to ATC staff as needed to ensure quality integrated solutions are available for smooth classroom function.
- Perform preventative maintenance, refresh hardware as standards change and budgets allow.
- Manage an inventory of spare parts, tools and accessories.
- Use Service Desk ticketing system to process A/V related requests and incidents.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Comparable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience in designing, installing and maintaining A/V classrooms and conference rooms.
- Ability to create audio and video systems flow charts, schematics, and wiring diagrams desired.
- Experience with digital video and audio equipment and systems such as switchers, projectors, interfaces, IP controlled/monitored systems, lecture capture devices and video conference systems required.
- Experience with A/V systems controls programming, such as Extron or Crestron, desired.
- Successful candidate will be well organized with good interpersonal and project/time management skills and experience.
- Some evening and weekends hours may be required.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/AV-Systems-Engineer-II_R0001650
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |