Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the Technology Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, the Systems Administrator performs system administration tasks on Windows and Linux servers, and VMware including user account and system maintenance. This position also maintains and monitors the backup system and is the primary admin for campus printing. Additionally, the System administrator also maintains Email List serves and is the point of contact for hardware maintenance.
As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have proven experience working successfully with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
- Perform routine system administration tasks, including Active Directory and Gmail account maintenance, system updates, and system integrations on Windows and Linux systems;
- Create and maintain scripting of processes to automate routine tasks, using the Technology ticketing system to track incidents and manage changes based on ITIL best practices;
- Maintain the server backup system including software upgrades on the backup appliances and servers, testing restores on a monthly basis;
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure and Online Services Administrators planning backup strategy and scheduling;
- Maintain and supports online services applications including Administration of Google GSuite, Accellion Secure messaging software and virtual appliances including software upgrades and troubleshooting of client issues;
- Manage File share, email delegation and listserve requests;
- Maintain print server queues and administer the Papercut Campus print software including software upgrades;
- Serve as the point of contact for all hardware maintenance and repair for equipment in the Data Center;
- Maintain records of maintenance contracts, notifying the Director of upcoming service contract renewals;
- Keep systems and network documentation up to date;
- Create and update end-user and Service Desk documentation;
- Write reports on Major Incidents and documents security violations and incidents;
- Document all system changes in ticketing software;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in Higher Education;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills;
- Proven experience fostering an inclusive and customer-centric work environment;
- Ability to work some evenings and holidays as needed;
- Knowledge of Unix, Window Severs Operating system;
- Knowledge of an enterprise backup system such as Unitrends Backup;
- Previous experience with Active Directory Account administration;
- Advanced in Microsoft Office.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Systems-Administrator_R06554
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |