The University at Buffalo Art Galleries is seeking a Marketing and Community Relations Manager in the College of Arts and Sciences. As the Marketing and Community Relations Manager, you will be responsible for messaging UB Art Galleries’ mission, vision, and activities through overseeing the promotion and execution of programs and events in consultation with the Director and Curator, as well as building and maintaining relations with audiences in the University and greater Buffalo.
Listed below are the broad areas of responsibility within the purview of the Marketing and Community Relations Manager, including but not limited to:
- You will market the exhibitions and events at the galleries.
- You will manage all public relations and marketing efforts for the activities of the UB Art Galleries.
- You will identify and engage potential partners, including arts organizations, venues, youth organizations, schools, corporations and community development organizations.
- You will build relationships with a broad range of community leaders who are interested in bringing arts and culture opportunities to their stakeholders.
- You will manage the galleries’ social media and outreach, including the galleries’ email newsletters, event marketing campaigns, daily social media engagement, targeted advertising and social media campaigns
- You will partner with youth organizations, including schools, afterschool programs and clubs to bring in groups to engage with UB Art Galleries exhibition programs.
- You will manage events by working with UB Art Galleries staff to develop workshops that engage with collectors, prospective donors, and the WNY arts communities.
The University at Buffalo (UB) is a comprehensive, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and engagement with the regional, national and international communities we serve. UB is privileged to have two art galleries dedicated to the university’s mission for academic excellence and service to the community. Each gallery presents a year-round series of exhibitions, providing students, faculty and the broader community easy access to thought-provoking art, visiting artists and stimulating educational programs. In addition, the UB Art Galleries provides professional training for graduate and undergraduate students through internships and curatorial opportunities, and support faculty and student research.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience with Arts Management, Events, and Marketing. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to interact with a diverse constituency. Computer experience in MS Office (Word, Excel). Must be able to manage competing priorities, and be deadline-driven
Master’s preferred. Experience with Art Galleries preferred.