Under the general supervision of the Executive Associate AD for Facilities & Events and the Director of the Convocation Center, this position is responsible for independent leadership and management of all aspects of revenue generation for the NIU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the Convocation Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of all operations and ticket sales, priority seating, customer service and personnel functions of the ticket office.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
- Thorough knowledge of ticket office operations and procedures.
- Represent athletics program and University with the highest integrity.
- Work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment and stringent event schedules and produce accurate results.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all external units of the department and University to ensure a positive event experience for customers.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. (A) Three years of ticket office experience or customer service experience that included cash handling and reconciliation and compliance audits
(B) Bachelor’s degree in business, communication or a related field
3. One year of supervisory experience
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master’s degree.
2. Experience in intercollegiate athletics at the Division I level in ticket sales.
3. Supervisory experience in event ticketing.
4. Ticket selling and reporting experience using Ticketmaster or Paciolan ticketing software.
5. Experience with priority seating and donor account management.
6. Negotiation and administration of contracts.
7. Proven track record of leadership in areas of ticket sales operations.
8. Effective communication skills (oral and written).
9. Demonstrated successful management skills.