Associate Director of Foundation Relations
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Director of Foundation Relations position within the University Development and Alumni Relations.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Associate Director of Foundation relations will lead the foundation relations activities for St. Thomas. S/he will identify, cultivate, develop proposals, and manage relationships with foundations on behalf of the University of St. Thomas. Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, s/he will partner across the university with deans, administrative leadership and the directors of development to proactively identify sources of funding for all collegiate and institutional priorities. The Associate Director will partner with faculty, development and leadership to move foundation relationships forward with St. Thomas. S/he will strategically partner with organizations that match St. Thomas’ priorities and vision and collaborate with colleagues across campus.
The Associate Director will provide excellent stewardship on funded proposals by submitting interim and final progress reports. This will be done in collaboration with faculty, gift accounting, sponsored projects office and the controller’s office by providing accurate and timely reports.
The Associate Director of Foundation Relations will be a proactive, results-oriented leader focused on major gift revenue generation for the University of St. Thomas.
1. Manage a portfolio of foundation prospects. Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with assigned foundation donors and prospects by representing the University for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship purposes.
2. Develop and write at least 15-20 major gift ($25,000+) grant proposals to foundations donors annually. This may be done independently or in collaboration with faculty, deans and directors of development.
3. Identify and research potential foundation donors for university priorities. In collaboration with the faculty, deans, directors of development, provide strategic guidance on which foundations would have the highest likelihood of funding University priorities. Work to identify individual relationships within foundations that could be leveraged within key foundations to maximize the likelihood of funding to St. Thomas.
4. Provide progress reports, in collaboration with the faculty, staff and controller’s office, to foundations on funded projects.
5. Manage the grants newsletter from the CFR office and push out funding opportunities to faculty across the University. Promote the CFR office and our resources to assist in major gift grant support.
Five years of development or grant writing experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Experience in higher education
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer