Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
San Diego Community College District
San Diego Community College District
Under the direction of a Facilities Supervisor-Landscape or Regional Facilities Officer or Grounds Crew Leader, perform general and varied grounds maintenance and gardening work.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Mow, edge, patch and plant District lawns, planters and related areas using hand and power equipment including trenchers, aerators, renovators, chippers, chainsaws, fork lifts, boom truck; mow and control weeds and rake lawns plant, trim and prune trees, shrubs and hedges. Calculate application rates for grass seed.
- Aerate and fertilize lawns, soil and plants; irrigate grounds using hand, manual, automatic or portable sprinklers. Adjust schedules seasonally in accordance with facilities usage and events; plan, trouble shoot, repair and install water conservation technology in irrigation systems; assist with repairs on 2-6 inch main lines and program clocks.
- Spray insecticides, herbicides and fungicides using proper safety gear and equipment. Calculate and formulate proper rates of application of different pesticides and fertilizers; log pesticide usage.
- Operate and transport power tractors, mowers, trucks, edgers, skip loader, sweepers, vacuums and related equipment; load and unload trucks used for grounds keeping purposes.
- Stake or remove fallen trees and branches. Assist tree trimmer, drag logs and brush. Sweep and pick up refuse from walkways, shrub beds, lawns, and parking lots. Clean out/unplug storm drains.
- Service and perform minor repairs to equipment and sprinkler systems.
- Train and direct new and hourly employees.
- Inventory materials, sign and accept deliveries. Locate, select, purchase landscape materials.
- Attend trade shows and seminars, and specialized training activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Computer software/programming for advanced irrigation system
- Disaster preparation.
- Grounds maintenance and repair methods.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Pesticide and reclaimed water.
- Pesticide, fertilizers and watering practices for plants and lawns.
- Plant and inspect identification and growth habits of various types of plants.
- Pruning methods.
- Small engine and grounds cutting equipment operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Sprinkler system maintenance and repair.
- Tools, materials, equipment and their practical use in grounds keeping.
Skills and Abilities:
- Blueprint reading.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Operate grounds keeping equipment.
- Perform general grounds keeping and routine gardening work.
- Program, install, maintain and repair advanced irrigation systems.
- Repair and maintain equipment used in grounds keeping work.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
Training and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to: sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the Knowledge and abilities listed above.
- Valid California drivers license.
- Qualified Applicators certificate- desirable.
for the hourly pay rate.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |