The Office of Financial Aid administers financial aid and student employment for all undergraduate students across the Tufts University School of Arts & Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts. The financial aid staff provides personalized counseling and support to students and families throughout the financial aid process. The Office of Financial Aid is part of the Student Services division and works closely with the Office of Admissions to support prospective and enrolled students.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is responsible for all aspects of financial aid administration within an assigned caseload. The Assistant Director will:
- Assist undergraduate students and families with the application process, determines eligibility, performs need analysis, and awards aid in compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations.
- Provide financial aid counseling to undergraduate students and families
- Conduct financial aid presentations to prospective and enrolled students
- Collaborate with other departments to support student success, recruitment, retention, and degree completion.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial aid administration, student service or college access programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse student populations and their families
- Familiarity with financial aid management software and systems
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid position expected to be on campus at least 2 days each week. Additional evening and weekend hours may be required during peak periods.
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.