The Grant Associate assists UB faculty with proposal and budget development for sponsored funding opportunities. This role supports the Director of Grant Initiatives within the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (VPRED). The VPRED manages UB’s sponsored awards portfolio of $178 million in expenditures (FY19) and is responsible for UB’s research enterprise and economic development activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to faculty for proposal development by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor guidelines and university policies.
- Compile grant documents, draft budgets, and edit application materials.
- Provide project management support for large, complex, and multi-disciplinary proposal submissions.
- Assist in coordinating internal funding and limited submission opportunities.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert with regard to external and internal funding opportunities.
Time management, strong communication skills and the ability to remain confident and poised in a fast-paced environment are essential. Individuals in this role must be adept problem-solvers who are able to manage multiple projects and requests under strict deadlines.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.