Project Coordinator (8820U) - 24051
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Controller's Office provides oversight of various University financial services including financial accounting and controls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, contracts and grants accounting, and payroll. The Controller's Office also provides analyst and project management support for the PeopleSoft Financials system which consists of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Commitment Control, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Contracts, Grants and Project Costing modules.
It is our mission to deliver efficient and effective financial services; support decision-making based on timely and accurate financial information; provide best practice financial guidance and consultation; promote accountability and the management of risks; and be an advocate for sensible policies and practices.
Technical Project Management Professional 1 provides project management support for a variety of IT projects. The incumbent will assist in planning, coordinating and monitoring schedules, budgets, staff and deliverables from project initiation through delivery.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 6, 2021
- Learns to apply project management concepts to lead the development and implementation process of the Berkeley Financial Information Systems ' products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Creates and maintains different project artifacts such as Project Charters, Stakeholder register, RACI charts, Risk Registers, project schedule, status reports among others
- Creates and maintains JIRA dashboards and tickets to track and report project task progress
- Under general supervision, assembles and directs small to moderate size project teams and may monitor budget/spending (people and dollars).
- Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule
- Coordinates Project Communications
- Coordinates task execution across various team members
- Follows up on outstanding/past due tasks with project team members
- Schedules, coordinates and documents project status meetings
- Under general supervision, assists with the Request for Information (RFI)/Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Coordinates vendor presentations and responses to follow up questions
- Manages the processing of invoices and vendor contracts
- Coordinates onboarding of new staff
- Assists in onboarding project team members including assigning computer, space, IDs and badges and coordinating building access
- Requires effective communication and organization skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
- Requires ability to assess campus needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong observation skills
- Ability to draw conclusions based on relevant data
- Self starter with a willingness and desire to learn
- Team player. Actively and effectively contributes to the success of work partners and the organization
- Sound decision making skills
- Manages time effectively, stays focused until issues are successfully resolved to achieve quality output
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Professional certification preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=24051&PostingSeq=1